Reopening update for Tim Hortons U.K.
Recently, we began working through a potential and limited reopening plan consulting with our employees and with trade bodies to ensure we doso safely and responsibly.
On Friday 15th May, we will reopen 7 of our restaurants in the U.K. in a limited capacity. We will only be opening our drive thru lanes for customers and we will service delivery orders in partnership with Deliveroo and Just Eat. There will not be any customer access inside our restaurants. The restaurants reopening are:
- Bury New Road, Manchester
- Connswater Retail Park, Belfast
We will return with much smaller teams in our restaurants however we willendeavour to serve our customers with a full menu offering including Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Meals and a full range of our Donuts & Timbits.
At a minimum, these first seven restaurants will initially be open from 7am – 10pm, 7 days a week.
Supporting Health & Wellbeing
Tim Hortons has always had very high standards for cleanliness. Before reopening all employees will be provided updated training on cleanliness and sanitisation, the restaurant will be deep cleaned, and following the opening we will increase the frequency of our cleaning procedures.
We will also be introducing some new measures to help keep our people safe:
- Before every shift, we will have wellbeing checks. All employees will be asked to confirm they are fit and able to work, and we will use contactless thermometers to take temperatures.
- We will provide additionalprotective equipmentincluding non-medical grade face masks and protective gloves will be used in certain areas of our restaurant.
- Floor markings will be introduced to encourage social distancing
- We will also beintroducing social distancing measures for all of our delivery service partners so that we provide our customers contactless delivery.
Supporting the communities, we serve
We will be donating coffee and donuts to the local Health Care heroes at nearby NHS hospitals whom we are so grateful to. In addition, we will continue to honour the 50% Meal Discount for NHS workers we introduced on the 20th March for the foreseeable future. Apologies in advance if our first wave of reopened restaurants does not serve your area, we are working hard to reopen more restaurants as soon as possible. We will keep you updated on our website and social media channels with future announcements.