Reopening update for Tim Hortons U.K.
Tim Hortons Re-opening update.
June 3, 2020
Over the past two weeks, in line with Government guidelines, we have successfully opened 7 Drive Thru lane only restaurants. We introduced a number of measures to ensure our teams and customers felt safe and the feedback we have received has been overwhelmingly positive.
The learning we have taken during this period has given us the confidence to open more restaurants and introduce more ways to serve our customers. Over the next few days we will be introducing the following:
We will re-open a number of restaurants for Takeaway & Delivery only in partnership with Deliveroo and Just Eat. Customers will be allowed to enter the restaurant, place an order and collect their food and beverages. There will be no dine-in option available to customers. The following locations will reopen:
Leicester - Saturday 30th May
Birmingham New Street – Monday 1st June
Oxford Road, Manchester – Monday 1st June
Fountain Street, Belfast – Monday 1st June.
Dunfermline – Monday 8th June
Strathkelvin – Monday 8th June
These restaurants will be serving our full menu and will initially be open from 7am-8pm Monday to Saturday and from 9am-6pm on Sunday.
Drive Thru Restaurants
In addition to our drive thru lanes, we will welcome back customers wishing to come into the restaurant to order food and beverages to takeaway. This will be in the following locations from Monday 1st June:
Bury New Road, Manchester
Supporting Health & Wellbeing
Tim Hortons has always had very high standards for cleanliness. Before we reopen any restaurant, all employees are provided updated training on cleanliness and sanitisation. Restaurants are deep cleaned and following the opening we increase the frequency of our cleaning procedures.
We have also introduced new measures to help keep our team members and our customers safe:
- Before every shift, we have wellbeing checks. All employees are asked to confirm they are fit and able to work, and we use contactless thermometers to take temperatures.
- Our team are provided protective equipment including non-medical grade face masks and protective gloves which will are used in certain areas of our restaurant.
- We will limit the number of customers inside at any one time dependent on store size.
- We will introduce floor markings that encourage social distancing and directional arrows to support a one-way system into and out of each restaurant.
- Our counters will be fitted with Perspex screens and we will only be accepting contactless payment.
- We have a dedicated area for our delivery service partners to collect orders
On March 23rd 2020, we took the decision to temporarily close our restaurants in the U.K. for the safety of our employees and customers.
Recently, we began working through a potential and limited reopening plan consulting with our employees and with trade bodies to ensure we do so safely and responsibly.
On Friday 15th May, we will reopen 7 of our restaurants in the U.K. in a limited capacity. We will only be opening our drive thru lanes for customers and we will service delivery orders in partnership with Deliveroo and Just Eat. There will not be any customer access inside our restaurants. The restaurants reopening are:
- Bury New Road, Manchester
- Connswater Retail Park, Belfast
We will return with much smaller teams in our restaurants however we willendeavour to serve our customers with a full menu offering including Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Meals and a full range of our Donuts & Timbits.
At a minimum, these first seven restaurants will initially be open from 7am – 10pm, 7 days a week.
Supporting Health & Wellbeing
Tim Hortons has always had very high standards for cleanliness. Before reopening all employees will be provided updated training on cleanliness and sanitisation, the restaurant will be deep cleaned, and following the opening we will increase the frequency of our cleaning procedures.
We will also be introducing some new measures to help keep our people safe:
- Before every shift, we will have wellbeing checks. All employees will be asked to confirm they are fit and able to work, and we will use contactless thermometers to take temperatures.
- We will provide additionalprotective equipmentincluding non-medical grade face masks and protective gloves will be used in certain areas of our restaurant.
- Floor markings will be introduced to encourage social distancing
- We will also beintroducing social distancing measures for all of our delivery service partners so that we provide our customers contactless delivery.
Supporting the communities, we serve
We will be donating coffee and donuts to the local Health Care heroes at nearby NHS hospitals whom we are so grateful to. In addition, we will continue to honour the 50% Meal Discount for NHS workers we introduced on the 20th March for the foreseeable future. Apologies in advance if our first wave of reopened restaurants does not serve your area, we are working hard to reopen more restaurants as soon as possible. We will keep you updated on our website and social media channels with future announcements.